- What compounds may be polymers?
- Which of the following are polymers?
- What are examples of polymers biology?
- Which is an example of a polymer quizlet?
- Is glucose A polymer?
- Which of the following is a polymer except?
- What are the 4 types of biological polymers?
- What are polymers quizlet?
- What are polymers made of quizlet?
- What is a polymer a monomer quizlet?
- What are the two main types of polymers quizlet?
- What are the 3 basic categories of polymers?
What compounds may be polymers?
Polymers are large molecules made up of long chains or networks of smaller molecules called monomers. Natural polymers include silk, hair, proteins and DNA, while synthetic (man-made) polymers include polyethylene, polypropylene and polyester.30 thg 1, 2017
Which of the following are polymers?
The correct answer is (D) Starch And Cellulose. Starch, cellulose and proteins are purely polymeric or naturally occurring polymers composed in large parts of polymeric components.
What are examples of polymers biology?
- DNA. DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) is a polymer which is essential for life. …
- Proteins. Proteins are biological polymers made inside cells. …
- Starch and cellulose. Starch and cellulose are biological polymers which are made by plants.
Which is an example of a polymer quizlet?
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), nylon, Bakelite, vulcanized rubber, polyethylene, and polystyrene are all examples of synthetically created polymers.
Is glucose A polymer?
Glycogen is a glucose polymer that is primarily stored in the liver and muscle and is required for glucose homeostasis during fasting.
Which of the following is a polymer except?
Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is the polymer of small monomeric units called nucleotides which are made up of a nitrogen-containing base, sugar, and a phosphate group. Thus, among the given options, proteins, polysaccharides, and DNA are the polymers except for inorganic ions.
What are the 4 types of biological polymers?
There are four basic kinds of biological macromolecules: carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids. These polymers are composed of different monomers and serve different functions.
What are polymers quizlet?
Polymer. a long molecule consisting of many similar or identical building blocks linked by a dehydration reactions. monomer.
What are polymers made of quizlet?
Polymers are made up of monomers which are parts of a molecule while polymers are large molecules that are formed by the bonding of monomers. a protein is a polymer made of monomers called amino acids.
What is a polymer a monomer quizlet?
What is a polymer? A monomer is a chemical subunit (the beads of the chain). A polymer is a large molecule consisting of long chains of similar subunits.
What are the two main types of polymers quizlet?
– There are two main kinds of polymerization: addition polymerization and condensation polymerization.
What are the 3 basic categories of polymers?
There are 3 principal classes of polymers ? thermoplastics, thermosets, and elastomers. Differentiation between these classes is best defined by their behaviour under applied heat.